Saturday, November 21, 2009

Kitchen and Baths Remodel

Wow, after reading today's paper and looking at all the adds for Custom Remodeling I had to speak up. There are so many miss leading, I was surprised not to see one that stated you would get an ocean view from your Arizona Kitchen.

Let me give my thoughts of 20 plus years of Experience.

1. Someone has to demo the old
2. Someone has to repair and prep for the new
3. Someone needs to install the cabinets
4. Someone needs to prep the cabinets for counter tops
5. Someone needs to install the new counter top and back splash
6. Someone needs to install the new appliances
7. Someone needs to install new plumbing parts
8. Someone needs to paint, re-pair flooring,clean-up
9. Most important part, someone has to warrant the job like a General Contractor
10. One missing phase of the job,All The Material!!!!!!

If a normal kitchen, and I say normal measures 18 feet long and you get a bid for less than 5k. Be Careful

This is just what I read today, scary.
Looks like the surf is big today off the coast of Az. Looks like a nice day with a right break tube.:)
C

2 comments:

  1. That was a good revelation -- now I'm looking for pictures of your recent framing job.

    ReplyDelete